- LAS VEGAS, November 28, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that it has completed development of the software stack for the Prodigy® Universal Processor and has now entered the alpha testing phase in preparation of chip production and distribution planned for next year. Tachyum software engineers have worked hard to enable the full potential of Prodigy with the development of a rich ecosystem of applications, system software, frameworks and libraries that are ported to run natively on Prodigy hardware.
- LAS VEGAS, November 14, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced the release of a white paper detailing how to use 4-bit Tachyum AI (TAI) and 2-bit effective per weight (TAI2) formats in Large Language Models (LLM) quantization without accuracy degradation. Tachyum hardware also enables workable LLM with 1-bit per weight with higher degradation than TAI2 and its AI scientists are continuing to further improve performance to reduce degradation as Tachyum looks to bring it to mainstream.
- LAS VEGAS, November 7, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that the FreeBSD operating system is now running on the Prodigy® FPGA prototype as part of efforts to ensure that customer requirements are met prior to tape-out of the world’s first universal processor. This announcement follows Tachyum successfully running the Linux OS as part of its emulation system. FreeBSD powers modern servers, desktops and embedded platforms in environments that value performance, stability and security.
- LAS VEGAS, October 24, 2023 – Tachyum®, creator of Prodigy®, the world’s first Universal Processor, today released a new white paper on the use of 4-bit Tachyum AI (TAI) format, including 2-bit effective per weight (TAI2) format, in both inference and Deep Neural Network (DNN) learning. “Image AI Processing at the Next Level With 4b TAI & 2b Effective Weights” presents the 4-bit TAI format, an extremely silicon- and power-efficient approach that limits memory and bandwidth for even large models.
Tachyum Books Purchase Order to Build System with 25,000x ChatGPT4 Capacity and 25x Faster than Current SupercomputersLAS VEGAS, October 3, 2023 – Tachyum® announced that it has accepted a major purchase order from a US company to build a large-scale system, based on its 5nm Prodigy® Universal Processor chip, which delivers more than 50 exaflops performance that will exponentially exceed the computational capabilities of the fastest inference or generative AI supercomputers available anywhere in the world today. Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor, is engineered to transform the capacity, efficiency and economics of datacenters through its industry-leading performance for hyperscale, high-performance computing and AI workloads.
- LAS VEGAS, September 26, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that it has successfully demonstrated a seamless execution of a non-native (x86_64) application under Linux running on the Prodigy FPGA emulation system. This capability will ensure the availability of a wide range of software applications to customers from day one when the Prodigy Universal Processor becomes generally available next year. x86 (also known as x64, x86_64, AMD64 or Intel 64) is a family of Instruction Set Architectures (ISA) that accounts for the widest installation base for datacenter workloads today.
- LAS VEGAS, September 19, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced the expansion of its Prodigy software ecosystem with the addition of LLVM for AI and Linux Rust support. This is the latest addition to an already rich and robust collection of applications, system software, frameworks and libraries running under QEMU emulation and tested by FPGA emulation in advance of Prodigy chip production. The LLVM Project is a collection of modular and reusable compiler and toolchain technologies.
- LAS VEGAS, September 12, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that it is expanding the unique value proposition of its Tachyum Prodigy by offering its Tachyum TPU® (Tachyum Processing Unit) intellectual property as a licensable core, allowing developers to take full advantage of intelligent, datacenter-trained AI when making IoT and Edge devices. Tachyum’s Prodigy is the first Universal Processor combining General Purpose Processors, High Performance Computing (HPC), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Machine Learning, Explainable AI, Bio AI and other AI disciplines with a single chip.
- 拉斯維加斯2023 年8月22日——Tachyum™ （速生）今天宣布發布了一篇新的研究論文，探討全球首款通用處理器Prodigy® （神童）將如
- 拉斯維加斯2023 年8月15日——Tachyum™ （速生）今天宣布® Prodigy® 通用處理器的物理設計階段使用的新電子設計自動化工具，在成