- LAS VEGAS, December 6, 2022 –Tachyum today announced it has entered into an agreement with Cologne Chip, a German-based semiconductor company, to cooperate on projects in the fields of Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and High Performance Computing (HPC). Tachyum and Cologne Chip will build and test HPC infrastructure based on FPGA, Tachyum chips and reference architecture and FPGA/AI chips from Cologne Chip. Cologne Chip is a smart semiconductor manufacturer that offers telecommunications ICs (Integrated Circuits) and intellectual property (IP), as well as FPGAs.
- LAS VEGAS, November 29, 2022 – Tachyum™ continues to advance towards production-ready status of its universal processor after reaching its latest milestone of running LINPACK benchmarks using Prodigy’s Floating-Point Unit (FPU) on a Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA). This was achieved by running applications under Linux on the integer part of the processor and uses IEEE compliant Floating-Point Unit (FPU) to analyze and solve linear equations and linear least-square problems.
- LAS VEGAS, November 8, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced that Director of Product Marketing Rob Reiner will be a featured presenter at Supercomputing 2022 (SC22), held November 13-18 in Dallas at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center. Tachyum will also exhibit in booth 330, and demonstrate recent innovations that enhance and accelerate AI processing, unique to Prodigy, the world’s first universal processor. Reiner’s presentation, “Advances in Processor Architecture Driving HPC/AI Convergence for Next-Generation Exascale Systems,” compares HPC and AI workloads, reviews the trends that are driving AI and HPC convergence for supercomputers, and presents Tachyum’s Prodigy Universal Processor and its revolutionary architecture that unifies the functionality of CPU, GPGPU, and TPU to address the demands of both HPC and AI workloads in a single device without needing costly and power-hungry accelerators.
- LAS VEGAS, November 2, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced that its software team has successfully run native Docker under the Go programming language (Golang) on its Prodigy emulation. This success is another key piece in the native Tachyum infrastructure software stack on the way to finalizing the company’s vision of Universal Computing Centers unifying cloud, supercomputing, AI and services based on unified and universal processors. Docker is a set of platform-as-a-service products that use OS-level virtualization to deliver software in containerized packages that allow developers to isolate an application from its environment.
- LAS VEGAS, October 26, 2022 – Tachyum™ today unveiled a high-performance, low-latency, low-cost and low-power, highly scalable exascale flattened networking solution that provides a superior alternative to the more expensive, proprietary and limited scalability InfiniBand communications standard. Ethernet has a long history of providing networking solutions that have constantly evolved to address customer requirements and have consistently dominated the market. Data center networking topologies have likewise evolved from the traditional Clos architecture with multiple levels of hierarchy to various levels of flattened network topologies that reduce latency while saving cost and power.
- LAS VEGAS, October 18, 2022 – Tachyum™ today released a white paper that examines how its Prodigy processor addresses trends in AI, enabling deep learning workloads that are environmentally friendly by achieving less energy consumption and carbon emissions. The AI training models leveraged are all fully functional, ensuring Prodigy remains on the leading edge of the industry. Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor, delivers a revolutionary new architecture that unifies the functionality of CPU, GPGPU, and TPU into a single monolithic device, enabling Prodigy processors to address the high demands of cloud and HPC/AI workloads, without expensive and power-hungry accelerators, by using a simple homogenous software model that is aligned with software composability and dynamic reallocation of server resources to maximize utilization.
- LAS VEGAS, October 11, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced that Prodigy, the world’s first universal processor, successfully runs Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux), the security architecture for Linux systems that allows administrators to have more control over who can access a system. This latest success of Tachyum’s software team helps satisfy customer requirements in many of its key markets. SELinux is used to enforce the resource policies that define the level of access users, programs and services have on a system.
- LAS VEGAS, October 4, 2022 – Tachyum™ today released its Prodigy Architectural Overview White Paper that unveils never-before-disclosed architectural characteristics of the system-on-chip (SoC), including chip layout, and the architecture of the world’s first universal processor. The white paper describes in detail how Prodigy addresses processor performance plateauing to overcome the major challenges facing today’s data centers. Tachyum’s Prodigy Universal Processor unifies the functionality of CPU, GPU, and TPU, delivering a groundbreaking new processor architecture that enables data centers to address the demands of a wide range of scalar, vector and matrix workloads in a homogeneous environment without needing expensive and power-hungry accelerators.
- LAS VEGAS, September 20, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced that it has successfully demonstrated the final piece of its core software stack with a Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) running on a Prodigy emulation system. This milestone enables the company to provide OEM/ODM and system integrators with complete software and firmware stack and serves as a key component of the upcoming Tachyum Prodigy® 4 socket reference design. BMCs are specialized controllers that monitor the state of a computer or hardware, including aspects such as system health, log events for failure analysis and a range of remote management capabilities.
- LAS VEGAS, September 14, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced it has entered the Quality Assurance (QA) phase for hardware and software testing on field-programmable gate array (FPGA) emulation boards for Prodigy, the world’s first universal processor. Tachyum has performed several billion test cycles to ensure the stability of Prodigy FPGA hardware emulators. Now, at QA stage, it will run trillions if not quadrillions of test cycles to demonstrate reliability before product tape-out.
- LAS VEGAS, August 30, 2022 – Tachyum today announced it has entered into an agreement with MatLogica, a London-based deep-tech company, to cooperate on projects in the fields of artificial intelligence (AI) and high-performance computing (HPC). Tachyum and MatLogica will jointly explore and evaluate the benefits of incorporating support for Prodigy processors. MatLogica gives quantitative and scientific developers the most flexible and easy-to-use tools to quickly build computational analytics that scales with modern hardware.
- LAS VEGAS, August 23, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced that it has formed a Board of Observers with Fabio Vernillo, head of investments for Avanea, as its first member. Avanea is a next-generation asset manager founded by IPM Group. Vernillo brings to Tachyum’s Board of Observers valuable financial structuring and business development skills. He is responsible for driving the investment activities within Avanea, originating, executing transactions and managing the investment team.
Tachyum Submits Bid for 20-Exaflop Supercomputer to U.S. Department of Energy Advanced Computing EcosystemsLAS VEGAS, August 16, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced that it has responded to a U.S. Department of Energy Request for Information soliciting Advanced Computing Ecosystems for DOE national laboratories engaged in scientific and national security research. Tachyum has submitted a proposal to create a 20-exaflop supercomputer based on Tachyum’s Prodigy, the world’s first universal processor. The DOE’s request calls for computing systems that are five to 10 times faster than those currently available and/or that can perform more complex applications in “data science, artificial intelligence, edge deployments at facilities, and science ecosystem problems, in addition to the traditional modeling and simulation applications.
Tachyum Signs Agreement with M Computers to Expand HPC, AI, Edge and Cloud Computing in Central and Eastern EuropeLAS VEGAS, July 19, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced it has entered into an agreement with M Computers, an IT services provider based in the Czech Republic, to bring Tachyum’s Prodigy technology to commercial, industrial, and scientific research institutions in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). Prodigy, the world’s first universal processor, will enable high-performance computing (HPC), artificial intelligence (AI), edge computing, cloud and hyperscale data centers, and other IT segments and applications that demand cutting-edge performance.
- LAS VEGAS, June 21, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced that it has been accepted as an associated SME (Small and Medium-sized Enterprise according to the EU SME definition) member at the European Technology Platform for High Performance Computing (ETP4HPC), an industry-led think tank promoting European HPC research and innovation to support the region’s competitiveness. ETP4HPC’s main mission is to promote European HPC research and innovation in order to maximize the economic and societal benefit of HPC for European science, industry and citizens.
- LAS VEGAS, June 16, 2022 – Tachyum today announced it has entered into an agreement with Kempelen Institute of Intelligent Technologies (KInIT) in Slovakia to collaborate on scientific research and innovations in artificial intelligence (AI); initiate scientific and commercial cooperation on matters of common interest; develop cooperation in the field of commercialization of scientific knowledge and intellectual property; and seek collaboration in the field of AI research and its transfer into industrial technology.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, June 1, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced that it will be building a limited quantity of Tachyum Prodigy Evaluation Platforms later this year, featuring fully functional Prodigy processors with memory and application software for qualified customers and partners who pre-order between now and July 31, 2022. Tachyum’s Prodigy Evaluation Platform provides a high-performance server in a standard 2U air cooled form factor that enables customers across a broad range of market segments to test and evaluate cutting-edge Prodigy Universal Processors.
- LAS VEGAS, May 26, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced that the company was named Startup of the Year and its CEO, Dr. Radoslav Danilak, won for Founder of the Year for the Slovakia Region in the Central European Startup Awards (CESAwards). Tachyum was named the winner among Slovakian companies that inspire the next generation of founders while positively impacting the economy and the world in general. Its product, Prodigy, the world’s first universal processor, is already a success on the market, disrupting its industry with an innovative approach.
- LAS VEGAS, May 24, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced that it will be demonstrating Prodigy’s Emulation System running complex applications at ISC High Performance 2022 in Booth No. A106 of Congress Center in Hamburg May 30-June 1. Additionally, Rob Reiner, Tachyum’s Director of Product Marketing, will be a featured presenter as part of the conference’s HPC Solutions Forum May 31 at 2:20 p.m. CET. Tachyum will showcase Prodigy’s advanced AI features with a virtual product demonstration that highlights its ability to scale deep learning by utilizing low-precision data types and sparsity to optimize performance and memory utilizations.
- LAS VEGAS, May 18, 2022 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced two rack-based reference designs that deliver significantly more performance at dramatically lower power than the most powerful supercomputers available today, to better facilitate cloud, AI and supercomputing applications at unprecedented TCO savings. The Air-Cooled Prodigy Rack features 24 4P (4 processors) 2U servers and 96 Prodigy midrange chips to deliver up to 6.5 times the performance for HPC applications and up to 12.
Tachyum Delivers the Highest AI and HPC Performance with the Launch of the World’s First Universal ProcessorLAS VEGAS, May 11, 2022 – Tachyum™ today launched the world’s first universal processor, Prodigy, which unifies the functionality of a CPU, GPU and TPU in a single processor, creating a homogeneous architecture, while delivering massive performance improvements at a cost many times less than competing products. After the company undertook its mission to conquer the processor performance plateau in nanometer-class chips and the systems they power, Tachyum has succeeded by launching its first commercial product.
- LAS VEGAS, May 5, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced new IP suppliers who have provided the company with critical IP components needed to bring Prodigy™ to commercial markets in 2022. They include Alphawave and Rambus IP. Alphawave is a global leader in high-speed connectivity for the world’s technology infrastructure. Its IP solutions meet the needs of global tier-one customers in data centers, compute, networking, AI, 5G, autonomous vehicles and storage. Tachyum will leverage its AlphaCORE Long-Reach (LR) Multi-Standard-Serdes (MSS) IP, a high-performance, low-power, DSP-based PHY with speeds up to 112Gbps.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, May 4, 2022 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced that it has progressed to running applications in Linux interactive mode on Prodigy FPGA hardware with SMP (Symmetric Multi-Processing) Linux and the floating-point unit enabled on the field-programmable gate array (FPGA) prototype of its Prodigy Universal Processor. This latest key milestone showcases Prodigy’s advanced level of maturity spanning its advanced CPU core, powerful software environment, and new third party hardware IP, bringing the company closer to product launch, and fulfilling its mission to transform data centers into greener Universal Computing Centers capable of enabling human brain-scale AI.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, April 26, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced it has signed a letter of agreement to become a member of the Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express (UCIe) community to further develop and support the chiplet ecosystem and drive on-package innovations. UCIe is an open specification that defines the interconnect between chiplets within a package, enabling an open chiplet ecosystem and ubiquitous interconnect at the package level. Members of UCIe represent a wide range of industry expertise and include leaders in semiconductors, packaging, IP suppliers, foundries, and cloud services.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, April 12, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced that it has launched enhancements to its online Customer & Partner Portal with the addition of a ticketing system for users performing testing and evaluation of the Prodigy® Universal Processor. Users can now submit feature requests, provide feedback, and report issues. In addition to scaling up engagement, the new ticketing system better serves customers and partners across time zones, countries and continents.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, April 5, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced it has completed validation of its Prodigy Universal Processor and software ecosystem with the operating system FreeBSD, and completed the Prodigy instruction set architecture (ISA) for FreeBSD porting. FreeBSD powers modern servers, desktops, and embedded platforms in environments that value performance, stability, and security. It is the platform of choice for many of the busiest websites and the most pervasive embedded networking and storage devices.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, March 29, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced it has entered the Octal Small Form Factor Pluggable (OSFP) Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) to help foster higher performance, scale, and density for supercomputers, public and private clouds and AI. The OSFP MSA group, established in November 2016, spearheads the technical challenge of defining next-generation high-speed networking applications. With more than 100 members, the OSFP MSA is continuing to innovate to deliver the highest performing pluggable optics module solutions for high-speed networking.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, March 22, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced the latest progress achieved in its Prodigy software ecosystem with KVM hypervisor virtualization that empowers data center providers with the ability to execute several instances of a bare-metal OS on the same machine with minimal overhead. This Day One functionality massively reduces the cost and the power requirements of data center, AI and HPC workloads. KVM (for Kernel-based Virtual Machine) is a full virtualization solution for Linux on x86 hardware containing virtualization extensions.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, March 15, 2022 – Tachyum™ has launched a German-language version of its website to improve accessibility to customers and partners seeking information about the Tachyum Prodigy® Universal Processor and its ability to significantly improve performance for hyperscale, HPC and AI workloads. Tachyum, a semiconductor company with roots in Europe is essential for the digital and technological sovereignty of the EU. Today, the European Union is heavily dependent on non-EU chip suppliers since it has only 10% of the global fabrication market.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, March 8, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced the latest progress made by its software team that advances the capabilities of its Tachyum Prodigy® processor, as the company continues to progress towards production-ready status. Among the enhancements to Prodigy are improvements to its Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) specification-based BIOS (Basic Input Output System) replacement firmware and the incorporation of the latest versions of the QEMU emulator and GNU Compiler Collection (GCC).
Tachyum Named Among the Most Innovative Artificial Intelligence Solutions Providers to Watch by The Enterprise WorldBratislava, Slovakia, March 1, 2022 – Tachyum™ was highlighted as one of the “Most Innovative Artificial Intelligence Solutions Providers to Watch” by The Enterprise World and earned the featured cover story with an in-depth discussion about the company, its leadership, vision of the industry and the AI attributes of its Prodigy™ universal processor. The Enterprise World, with its wide topics for every month, brings to readers new and changing trends in business, market growth, changing government reforms and the growing customer base of a particular industry.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, February 22, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced it has entered into an agreement with the Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC) in Germany to collaborate on open supercomputing projects, scientific research and innovations in artificial intelligence. JSC will test an HPC infrastructure based on the Tachyum platform with both parties collaborating on projects in fields including biosciences, progressive materials, green energetics through Al and their transfer into industrial technology. JSC launched the first German supercomputing centre in 1987 and currently operates one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe –JUWELS.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, February 15, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced it has entered into a MOU with the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC) in Spain with the intent to collaborate on open supercomputing projects, scientific research, and innovations in AI. Under the MOU, BSC can evaluate the Tachyum Prodigy® Processor and Tachyum reference architecture for future HPC infrastructure. The signing of the MoU follows Tachyum founder and CEO Dr. Radoslav Danilak’s visit to BSC in October last year.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, February 8, 2022 – Tachyum™ Corporate Advisory Board Member Steve Furber was one of the 2022 Charles Stark Draper Prize for Engineering award winners “for contributions to the invention, development, and implementation of reduced instruction set computer (RISC) chips” by the National Academy of Engineering (NAE). Established in 1988 to honor the memory of Charles Stark Draper, the “father of inertial navigation,” the Draper Prize is awarded biennially to honor those who provide significant contributions to engineering and technology.
Tachyum to Present 3D Demo of Prodigy Which Will Enable A Human Brain-Scale AI Supercomputer at LEAP22 RiyadhBratislava, Slovakia, February 1, 2022 – Tachyum™ announced today it will show Prodigy, the world’s first universal processor, in a 3D demo, that will enable the first human brain-scale AI Supercomputer at LEAP22 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, February 1-3 at the Riyadh Front Exhibition Center. Tachyum is featured in booth H3.E47. LEAP draws more than 40,000 international tech gurus, innovators, entrepreneurs, start-ups, and enthusiasts to its global platform for future technologies.
- BRATISLAVA, Slovakia/ LAS VEGAS, Nevada, January 25, 2022 – Tachyum™ today announced that it was selected by the Slovak Republic to participate in the latest submission for the Important Projects of Common European Interest (IPCEI), to develop Prodigy 2 for HPC/AI. Prodigy 2 for HPC/AI will enable 1 AI Zettaflop and more than 10 DP Exaflops computers to support superhuman brain-scale computing by 2024 for under €1B. As part of this selection, Tachyum could receive a 49 million Euro grant to accelerate a second-generation of its Tachyum Prodigy® processor for HPC/AI in a 3-nanometer process.
- BRATISLAVA, Slovakia/ LAS VEGAS, Nevada, January 13, 2022 – Tachyum™ will be a highlight among exhibits at Expo Dubai with the world premiere of its Prodigy Universal Processor for supercomputers, January 17 at 11 a.m. in the Slovak Pavilion during Global Goals Week. Tachyum, in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, will host the event featuring an in-depth discussion on the importance of AI and supercomputers, which will reach human brain-scale AI in 2022.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, January 4, 2022 – Tachyum™ made tremendous strides in bringing the world’s first universal processor to market behind a series of successes throughout 2021. The company achieved significant milestones in the development of Prodigy™ through a series of technical innovations, continued its visionary leadership with presentations at leading industry events and being the recipient of several top honors, ramped up its worldwide hiring and tripled its valuation after its latest successful funding round.