- Chip FPGA prototypes and demonstrations among highlights LAS VEGAS, Nevada, December 29, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. celebrates another year of milestones for the company and its Prodigy Universal Processor development, including several demonstrations, design achievements, and other proof-of-product successes. Its progress in 2020 has positioned Prodigy for volume manufacturing and worldwide commercial distribution in 2021. Its most significant accomplishment on the path to market-readiness was the recent release of a fully functional FPGA chip prototype, the last step before tape-out when final design specs are submitted for fabrication.
- Company shifts location of U.S. worldwide headquarters to take full advantage of improved market conditions Las Vegas, Nevada, December 22, 2020 – Tachyum™ today announced that it is leveraging business-friendly market conditions enabled by local and state government regulations and recent industrial investments in Nevada to expand operations and maximize its business opportunities. The company is moving its U.S. worldwide headquarters to Henderson, Nevada from Santa Clara, California. Tachyum’s expansion reflects the company’s continued growth as it nears its product launch and volume production of its Prodigy Universal Processor chip in 2021.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., December 15, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced that it is signing early adopter customers for the software emulation system for its Prodigy Universal Processor, customers may begin the process of native software development (i.e. using Prodigy Instruction Set Architecture) and porting applications to run on Prodigy. Prodigy software emulation systems will be available at the end of January 2021. Customers and partners can use Prodigy’s software emulation for evaluation, development and debug, and with it, they can begin to transition existing applications that demand high performance and low power to run optimally on Prodigy processors.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., December 8, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced that it is signing early adopter customers for its Prodigy Universal Processor prototype built using field-programmable gate array (FPGA) emulation system boards, expected to be back from manufacturing in January 2021. Tachyum created this pre-order program based on commercial and government early access customers expressing strong interest in purchasing Prodigy prototype FPGA emulation systems. For example, Government customer tests using classified data, cannot be performed on emulation systems that are shared or rented.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., December 1, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced that it will be supplying OEM and ODM partners with Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) specification-based BIOS replacement firmware, including source code, for its Prodigy Universal Processor Chips in advance of the hardware’s production-ready status in 2021. Build partners will have the opportunity to access a full platform of software, operating system and chip emulation hardware when delivered. This access allows developers and manufacturers the opportunity to ensure their system applications and software will run without issue from Day One of Prodigy’s product launch without having to source additional resources from outside vendors.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., November 23, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced the formation of I4DI (Innovations for Digital Infrastructure), a partnership of innovative EU and global technology leaders brought together to develop European-based supercomputing solutions to advance the region’s capabilities in solving the performance, power and efficiency issues challenging the industry today. In addition to Tachyum, fellow founding members PosAm and Towercom are lending their expertise, along with partners SAV (Slovak Academy of Science) and MIRRI (Ministry of Investment, Regional Development and Informatization) who are bringing their relevant capabilities and experience to the development of the National Supercomputing Centre (NSC) in Slovakia.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., November 17, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced that retired Army Lieutenant General. Richard Zahner has joined the advisory board of its newly created Tachyum Government Corporation, bringing extensive leadership experience and knowledge of intelligence operations that support the company’s efforts in providing strategic value to the military and defense communities. LTG(R) Zahner is a career military intelligence officer with extensive leadership experience in intelligence operations at the Combatant Command, Operational Theater and National Security Agency levels.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., November 10, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. the Silicon Valley and Slovakian semiconductor company today announced the restart of hiring activities. After a short halt due to COVID-19, new job openings to the company’s expert team were announced today. The company is on a mission to disrupt the processor, HPC and AI markets with its flagship Prodigy product. Tachyum is looking to fill various expert positions in Slovakia as well as in the United States.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., November 2, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced that it has been awarded the cover story of the October “Tech Innovators 2020” issue of WK Media & Technology magazine, showcasing the company’s journey to build the world’s first universal process in the digital global economy. WK Media is a magazine company with fresh perspective towards showcasing the achievements of business leaders and entrepreneurs. In doing so, the publication sheds light on their innovations and remarkable business decisions which lead the way for many employees and personnel around the globe.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., October 27, 2020 - Tachyum™ Inc. today announced that it has achieved another major milestone of its Prodigy Universal Processor development by releasing the netlist of its Prodigy hardware emulation design to a manufacturer to build field-programmable gate array (FPGA) emulation boards for final testing before chip tape-out. FPGAs are hardware chips with circuits that can be customized by a user writing configuration images to configure the “blank” FPGA in order to execute specific functions.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., October 20, 2020 - Tachyum ™ Inc. today announced that it has reached another milestone in meeting its goal of volume production of the Prodigy Universal Processor in 2021 by achieving 96 percent of silicon designed and layout completed, with only a stable netlist layout to go before the final netlist and tape out. The company has been making steady progress in its march toward Prodigy’s product release next year.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., October 5, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced that is has added Melvin Cordova, a veteran and proven executive in the defense and intelligence technology industry, to the advisory board of its newly created Tachyum Government Corporation. Mr. Cordova carries the appropriate security clearances and will serve as the official contact for federal customers looking to leverage Tachyum’s Prodigy Universal Processor for their demanding HPC, artificial intelligence and machine learning workloads.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., September 29, 2020 – Dr. Radoslav Danilak, co-founder and CEO of Tachyum™ Inc., has been invited to speak to an audience of influential heads of state, business leaders, innovators and industry experts about the role of technology in warfare at the GLOBSEC 2020 Bratislava Forum October 7-8. Over the past two decades, GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum has established itself as the leading platform in the Central Eastern Europe region and one of the top strategic conferences globally.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., September 8, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced it is opening a business unit to serve U.S., EU and NATO member Government customers of its Prodigy Universal Processor for demanding HPC, artificial intelligence and machine learning workloads. Although the company’s primary market is hyperscale data centers, Tachyum’s CEO Dr. Rado Danilak recognized that government agencies – notably military and intelligence – are early adopters of Prodigy. Its ultra-low-power, ultra-high-performance enables and vastly improves next-generation defense systems such as unmanned aircraft and underwater systems, cybersecurity, communications, analytics, and more.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., September 8, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced the promotion of Krishna Thatipelli, a seasoned professional with strong technical and management skills in CPUs and ASIC development, to Senior Director of Hardware Design Engineering after successfully delivering August milestones related to the company’s Prodigy Universal Processor. Thatipelli has more than 20 years of experience successfully delivering many high- performance microprocessors/ASICs across a spectrum of processors, such as Intel and AMD x86 multicore CPUs, including Opteron; next-generation ARM cores; and out-of-order high-end SPARC CPUs.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., August 26, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced that it has further expanded the capabilities of its Prodigy Universal Processor through support for TensorFlow and PyTorch environments, enabling a faster, less expensive and more dynamic solution for the most challenging artificial intelligence/machine learning workloads. Analysts predict that AI revenue will surpass $300 billion by 2024 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of up to 42 percent through 2027.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., August 11, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced that it has successfully completed a demonstration showing its Prodigy Universal Processor running faster than any other processor, HPC or AI chips, including ones from NVIDIA and Intel. This is the latest of many recent milestones achieved by Tachyum as the company continues its march towards Prodigy’s product release next year. Tachyum demonstrated how its computational operation and the speed of its product design, using an industry-standard Verilog simulation of the actual Prodigy post layout hardware, is the superior solution to current competitive offerings.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., August 4, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced that its Prodigy Universal Processor has successfully completed software emulation testing across x86, ARM and RISC-V binary environments. This important milestone demonstrates that Prodigy will enable customers to run their legacy applications transparently at launch with better performance than any contemporary or future ARM or RISC-V processors. Coupled with hyperscale data center workhorse programs such as Hadoop, Apache and more, which Tachyum is recompiling to Prodigy native code, this capability will ensure that Prodigy customers can run a broad spectrum of applications, right out of the box.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 28, 2020 –Tachyum™ Inc. today announced its membership in the Trusted Computing Group (TCG), part of the company’s continued efforts to collaborate with other industry organizations and academic institutions to further develop and promote trusted computing technologies. TCG is a not-for-profit organization formed to develop, define and promote open, vendor-neutral, global industry specifications and standards, supportive of a hardware-based root of trust, for interoperable trusted computing platforms.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 17, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced that it was recognized for its innovative approach, dedicated vision and effective solutions by being named as one of the “100 Best Companies to Watch Out for in 2020” in the July edition of Exeleon Magazine. Exeleon is a business and tech magazine that strives to highlight companies and entrepreneurs that have pursued and achieved excellence in their industry. Those that make the annual “Best Companies” issue have been chosen from the thousands of companies from around the globe tracked by the publication’s team of experts.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 30, 2020 – Tachyum™ Inc. today announced that it has joined the Software for Open Networking in the Cloud (SONiC) Open Compute Project as part of the company’s efforts to help redesign traditional IT infrastructure technology to better serve the technical needs of modern data centers. SONiC is an open-source Network Operating System (NOS) community project of the OCP. Originally developed to improve network switch operations, Microsoft contributed SONiC to the OCP community as a way to further its development and extend its reach beyond the large web-scale companies and cloud providers that had the means to deploy and support it within their own ecosystems.
- BRATISLAVA, Slovakia, June 16, 2020 – Dr. Radoslav Danilak, founder and CEO of semiconductor startup Tachyum™ Inc., will discuss the company’s “Gamechanger” universal processor reference design solution for HPC and AI environments as part of ISC High Performance 2020 Digital event June 22-25. ISC 2020 Digital is an inaugural online event that focuses on bringing the most critical developments and trends in high-performance computing, machine learning and data analytics for the benefit of the global HPC community.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 2, 2020 – Semiconductor startup Tachyum™ Inc. announced today that it has joined the OpenBMC Project as a contributor to the community seeking to define standards for aSANTA standard Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) firmware stack that will work across heterogeneous systems, including enterprise, HPC, telco and cloud-scale data centers. BMCs are specialized controllers that monitor the state of a computer or hardware, including aspects such as system health, log events for failure analysis, and a range of remote management capabilities.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 12, 2020 – Semiconductor startup Tachyum Inc. announced today that it has achieved, on schedule, a major milestone in the detailed physical design of its Prodigy Universal Processor. Tachyum now has a complete chip layout, with a verified detailed physical design of more than 90 percent of the design silicon area. Tachyum’s Prodigy is the world’s first Universal Processor, combining general-purpose processors, high-performance computing (HPC), artificial intelligence (AI), deep machine learning (ML), explainable AI, bio AI and other AI disciplines within a single chip.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 22, 2020 – Semiconductor startup Tachyum Inc. announced today the promotion of Elena Zokhidova to Vice President of Finance from Senior Director. She achieved the new position after nearly a year helping the company successfully meet aggressive business goals. Zokhidova was recruited by Tachyum to help lead the company’s financial operations throughout its growth phase and ensure that it is well positioned to meet pre-IPO compliance. Since joining Tachyum in June 2019, Zokhidova has helped successfully transform the company from an early-stage startup to a pre-revenue company while implementing processes to ensure future scalability.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 7, 2020 – Semiconductor startup Tachyum Inc. today announced that it has opened new offices in Slovakia that will enable it to best address the regional needs of its growing number of customers, partners, vendors and personnel throughout the European Union. Tachyum’s worldwide headquarters remain located in Silicon Valley. Tachyum’s newest facilities will offer the company a foothold in the strategically important European marketplace as well as enabling it to leverage the technological expertise of its Slovakian employees as work progresses on deploying its flagship Prodigy Universal Processor Chip.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 24, 2020 – Semiconductor startup Tachyum Inc. announced today that it has joined the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) Forum, a community of industry-leading OEMs, IHVs, chip manufacturers, and BIOS firmware and operating system members interested in improving information processing system performance and advancing security and interoperability through standards and best practices. Tachyum is actively working on reference designs for its ODM, OEM, IHV, integrators and HPC/AI customers.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 3, 2020 – Semiconductor startup Tachyum Inc. announced today that it has retained Stephen Dilbeck full time to serve as the company’s Senior Director, System on Chip, to complete physical design through tape- out of Tachyum’s Prodigy chip. Dilbeck first began working with the company as a contractor in 2019 and became a full-time employee in January. In this position, Dilbeck will be responsible for customer owned tooling (COT) physical design and SoC of the company’s data processing chip by working with engineers to achieve timing, area, performance and power goals of the company’s Prodigy Universal Processor Chip – the smallest and fastest general purpose, 64-core processor developed to date, requiring 10x less processor power, and reducing processor cost by 3x.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., February 25th, 2020 – Semiconductor startup Tachyum Inc. today announced that it has become members of two JEDEC committees developing standards for solid state memories and DRAM modules that will shape the semiconductor industry’s position in the rapidly evolving global marketplace. Tachyum is one of nearly 300 member companies of the JEDEC, the global leader in developing open standards for the microelectronics industry. The company has joined committees JC-42 Solid State Memories, which include all memory-integrated circuits and programmable logic devices, and JC-45 DRAM Modules, addressing architectural, electrical, test and SPD issues related to memory design and manufacturing for commercial applications.
- BRATISLAVA, Slovakia, February 18, 2020 – Dr. Radoslav Danilak, founder and CEO of semiconductor startup Tachyum Inc. and Tachyum s.r.o., was the recipient of the 2019 Crystal Wing Award in the Innovation and Startups category. This prestigious Award recognizes significant achievements of Slovaks who have attained exceptional expertise and success in their respective industries. Now in its 23 rd year, the Crystal Wing is given in the categories of philanthropy; economy; journalism and literature; theater and audiovisual art; fine arts; popular music; sports; and medicine and science to highlight unique people and their professional performances, which are deserving of the highest respect.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., February 11, 2020 – Semiconductor startup Tachyum Inc. today announced that it has completed another critical stage in software development by successfully achieving an Apache web server port to Prodigy Universal Processor Instruction Set Architecture (ISA). This latest milestone by Tachyum’s software team brings the company’s Prodigy Universal Processor one step closer to being customer- ready in anticipation of its commercial launch in 2021. After its successful GNU toolchain port and the creation of multiple simulation environments to execute Prodigy’s native ISA in 2018, Tachyum’s software developers concentrated on achieving their first successful Linux kernel port in 2019.
Tachyum CEO Dr. Radoslav Danilak Discusses ‘Bringing Slovakia to the Forefront of the Digital Age’ at CEO ForumBRATISLAVA, Slovakia, February 6, 2020 – Dr. Radoslav Danilak, founder and CEO of semiconductor startup Tachyum Inc. will discuss “Bringing Slovakia to the Forefront of the Digital Age” in a special 30-minute speaking session at CEO Forum Slovakia in Bratislava on February 13 at 14:40 p.m. CEO Forum Slovakia is a conference aimed at bringing together successful CEOs from various companies operating in Slovakia and the Czech Republic. It is a platform that disseminates information, practical advice into working life and inspiration for CEOs to perform better with greater commitment.
- Customers and ODMs will have a reference design for ‘AI/HPC Hyperscale Datacenters’ SANTA CLARA, Calif., February 04, 2020 – Semiconductor Company Tachyum Inc. announced today that its Prodigy Processor AI/HPC Reference Design will be used in a supercomputer which will be deployed in 2021. This reference design will provide customers, partners, OEMs and Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) a proven blueprint for building and deploying ultra-high performance Exascale AI/HPC supercomputers and data centers in 2021.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif., January 28, 2020 – Semiconductor Company Tachyum Inc. announced today its participation as a Community Member in the Open Compute Project (OCP), an open consortium aiming to design and enable the delivery of the most-efficient server, storage and data center hardware for scalable computing. Tachyum’s Prodigy Universal Processor Chips unlock unprecedented performance, power efficiency and cost advantages to solve the most complex problems in big data analytics, deep learning, mobile and large-scale computing, impacting a broad spectrum of markets and industries.