Press Releases from 2019
- SAN JOSE, CALIF. – December 17, 2019 – A year that saw semiconductor startup Tachyum make substantial progress in product development, financial positioning and expanded executive leadership, has ensured that the company remains on schedule to introduce Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor, to worldwide markets in 2021. Prodigy is a 64-core Universal Processor that outperforms the fastest Xeon processor on data center workloads, at 10x less processor power and 3x lower cost.
- SAN JOSE, Calif., December 11, 2019 – Tachyum Inc. has been named one of the “Most Valuable Brands of the Year” as an emerging company by IndustryWired Magazine, a leading industry resource for helping today’s entrepreneurs build tomorrow’s leading businesses. This annual “Brands of the Year” issue highlights emerging companies’ unique value propositions and how they have worked to provide more cohesive solutions to customers for better productivity and growth. It also emphasizes the executives who have worked diligently making their brands impossible to ignore in the competitive market.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, November 21, 2019 – Dr. Radoslav Danilak, founder and CEO of semiconductor startup Tachyum Inc., was invited to visit Hong Kong and Shenzen, China as part of the recent Central Europe Business Summit (“CEBS”) under patronage of Forbes to help build bridges and expand relationships with potential customers, partners and investors in the data center looking to introduce the company’s Prodigy Universal Processor Chip as a transformational asset for China.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, October 22, 2019 – Tachyum, s.r.o., the company’s European headquarters in Bratislava, announced that it continues to successfully contribute to Slovakia’s reversal from “Brain Drain” to “Brain Gain” with its recent addition of highly qualified full-time engineers and scientists. Among the recently hired engineers, there are Slovaks returning home after working abroad in the US and UK, as well as top talent from Japan and Russia. The new additions are eager to bring their skillset and expertise to the fields of advanced compiler design and chip performance optimization that Tachyum offers in its Bratislava R&D center.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, October 14, 2019 – Dr. Radoslav Danilak, Founder and CEO of semiconductor startup Tachyum Inc., with US Headquarters in Santa Clara, Calif., and European headquarters in Bratislava comprising a rapidly growing R&D operation, will deliver a “Success Story” talk at the Driving.Digital conference, held at the X-Bionic Sphere in Samorin, Slovakia. Dr. Danilak is scheduled to speak October 15 th at 9:45 a.m. Driving.Digital, the first automotive security conference in the CEE region, brings together experts and thought leaders from around the globe to promote the Connected Cars and Autonomous Vehicles Stability Program of the Slovak Republic, in order to advance safety and security, along with intelligent and autonomous mobility systems.
- Bratislava, Slovakia, October 7th, 2019 – Dr. Radoslav Danilak, Founder and CEO of semiconductor startup Tachyum Inc., with US Headquarters in Santa Clara, Calif., and European headquarters in Bratislava comprising a rapidly growing R&D operation, will deliver two talks at this year’s SlovakiaTech 2019 in Kosice, SK. He will present a short talk on October 8 on Tachyum as a Slovak success story, followed later in the afternoon by a presentation titled “Can Slovakia ever be Silicon Valley?
- Bratislava, Slovakia, October 3, 2019 – Dr. Radoslav “Rado” Danilak, founder and CEO of semiconductor startup Tachyum Inc., was named IT Person of the Year 2019 at IT GALA, the most prestigious annual event of the Slovak information technology and telecommunications communities. Dr. Danilak was named Person of the Year based on the criteria of his contributions to technical development in IT; contribution to development of IT business in Slovakia; participation on advisory panels, professional associations and academic functions; and support of education, enlightenment and public information.
- SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Tachyum Inc. has been named one of the “50 Innovative Companies to Watch 2019” by The Silicon Review, the world’s most trusted online and print community for business and technology professionals. The Silicon Review’s 50 Innovative Companies to Watch honor is awarded to companies that provide the most groundbreaking technologies contributing to the competitive global IT platform at large. Tachyum was selected by the Silicon Review team for inclusion based on the expectation that the company will unlock unprecedented performance, power efficiency, and cost advantages to solve the most complex problems in Big Data analytics, deep learning, mobile and large-scale computing.
- SAN JOSE, Calif., September 24, 2019 –Tachyum, a semiconductor startup and developer of the world’s first Universal Processor platform today announced the opening of its new, larger corporate headquarters in Santa Clara to better accommodate rapidly growing number of customers, partners, vendors and its growing personnel ranks. The new offices are located at 2520 Mission College Blvd, Suite 201, Santa Clara CA 95054. Tachyum’s new facilities will better enable the company to finish development, start marketing and selling its disruptive products that tackle the most pressing global issues in data centers, AI, telecommunications, edge computing and mobility today.
Dr. Kurt Lauk, prominent business leader, former chairman of Economic Council in Germany (Wirtschaftsrat), former advisor to Angela Merkel, joins TachyumSAN JOSE, Calif., September 17, 2019 – Today, Tachyum announced that Dr. Kurt Lauk has joined the company’s Board of Advisors. Dr. Lauk served on several management boards, including Daimler and Audi, and as a member of the EU Parliament. For 15 years, he was Chairman of the the Economy Council (Wirtschaftsrat) and advised Angela Merkel in this capacity. He is Founder and President of Globe CP GmbH, a personally owned family office since 2000.
Tachyum Joins CXL High-Speed Interconnect Consortium to Advance Breakthrough Data Center PerformanceSAN JOSE, Calif., August 27, 2019 – Tachyum Inc., a developer of the smallest and fastest general-purpose 64-core processor, today announced it has joined the Compute Express Link (CXL) Consortium, a group of companies dedicated to advancing a new, open-industry standard interconnect designed to address the increasing demands of high-performance computational workloads. CXL is a high-speed CPU-to-Device and CPU-to-Memory interconnect that offers high- bandwidth, low-latency connectivity between host processors, systems and devices, such as FPGAs, intelligent networking and storage accelerators, memory buffers, storage class memory and smart I/O devices.
Tachyum Joins PCI-SIG in Support of Mission to Satisfy Performance Needs of Data Center, AI and HPC WorkloadsSAN JOSE, Calif., August 13, 2019 – Tachyum Inc. today announced that it has joined the Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group (PCI-SIG), a 700+ member association committed to advancing the non-proprietary PCI technology to yield a reliable, scalable solution for high-speed I/O in numerous market applications. The PCI I/O expansion bus is today’s de facto interconnect between CPUs and peripherals. As demand for higher-performance I/O grows, PCI-SIG’s scope and ecosystem reach expands.
Tachyum CEO Presents ‘Flash Solutions for the Skyrocketing AI/ML Applications Market at Flash Memory SummitSAN JOSE, Calif., July 30th, 2019 – Dr. Radoslav “Rado” Danilak, CEO of Tachyum Inc., will speak about the need for new approaches, and capabilities of data center architectures, interconnects, storage and memory types, to enable the industry to unleash the full power of AI in the multi-billion dollar hyperscale market, at the Flash Memory Summit in the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, Calif. on Wednesday, August 7 at 4:35 p.
- SAN JOSE, Calif., July 16, 2019 – Tachyum Inc. announced today it has appointed Kiran Malwankar to the position of Vice President of System Engineering. Malwankar, a 30-year veteran of both pre-IPO companies and industry leaders, holds 21 U.S. patents in technologies such as I/O virtualization, PCIe, storage virtualization, and flash/solid-state media. Malwankar joins the company after founding and/or joining a series of successful startups that delivered innovations in memory, AI, IoT, cloud, and flash devices; five of these companies were acquired and one went public.
- SAN JOSE, Calif., July 9th, 2019 – Tachyum Inc. announced today that it has finalized a Series-A funding round led by private equity investor IPM Group, with participation of the Slovak Government, that will be used to continue the advancement of the company’s efforts to bring its Prodigy Universal Processor chip to market. Now with $25M in its post Series-A war chest, the Tachyum development team is able to reach its next major milestone in early 2020, in order to bring the Prodigy chip to market in the second half of 2020.
- SAN JOSE, Calif., June 5, 2019 – Tachyum Inc. announced today it has appointed Elena Zokhidova its Senior Director of Finance to improve existing financial processes and facilitate new business opportunities which will help the company reach its aggressive growth plans. Zokhidova’s nearly two decades of international business and finance experience, including service at leading public accounting firms and billion-dollar companies within the tech industry, complements Tachyum’s established presence in Silicon Valley and the Central/Eastern European region.
- SAN JOSE, Calif., May 29, 2019 – Tachyum Inc. announced today it has successfully deployed the Linux OS on its Prodigy Universal Processor architecture, a foundation for 64-core, ultra-low power, high-performance processor. Running an OS directly and natively on its chip, without the need for host processors or other expensive components, reduces the cost of at-scale data centers and enables nearly unlimited flexibility in use. This development is a significant milestone on Tachyum’s roadmap to supplying hyperscale data centers and ODM partners with high- performance, power-efficient, scalable processing muscle for data center, cloud, AI/ML, in memory processing, and HPC environments at a fraction of the cost of the competition.
- SAN JOSE, Calif., April 9, 2019 – Dr. Zhimin Ding, Principal AI Processor Architect at Tachyum Inc. will be a featured presenter at the AI Accelerator Summit, April 11-12 at Silicon Valley’s San Jose Convention Center. Ding is a pioneer in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and neural networks – and how these technologies intersect with semiconductors and system design. Since the early 1980s he has specialized in areas like pattern recognition, supervised and unsupervised learning, training, sensory fusion, and neuromorphic architectures.
- SAN JOSE, Calif., March 26, 2019 – Dr. Radoslav Danilak, Co-founder and CEO of Tachyum Inc., will be a featured panelist for an “Innovative Technologies” session at the 72nd HPC User Forum at La Fonda on the Plaza in Santa Fe, New Mexico April 3 at 1:30 p.m. Danilak will educate attendees about the unprecedented capabilities of the world’s first universal processor chip. Tachyum’s Prodigy chip reduces data center cost and power needs through new proprietary processor architecture that has made many parts of the hardware found in a typical processor redundant.
- SAN JOSE, Calif., March 12, 2019 – Tachyum today announced that it has received capital from the Slovak government of almost $17 million dollars to help build a new R&D center within the country that will assist in the final development phase of the company’s Prodigy Universal Processor Chip, the smallest and fastest general-purpose, 64-bit processor, requiring 10x lower power and 3x lower sell price than competing products with equivalent performance.
- SAN JOSE, Calif., March 4, 2019 – Tachyum Inc. has been recognized among the Leading Specialists in Big Data Solutions in the USA as part of the 2019 Corporate Excellence Awards by Corporate Vision Magazine. The awards are designed to recognize outstanding achievement, game-changing innovation and stellar performance of companies and individuals from around the business world. Providing readers worldwide with a wealth of news, features and comment on the corporate issues of the day, CV Magazine is more than just a publication, instead serving as an invaluable resource for readers and decision makers looking to improve and transform the way they manage their operations, staff, technology, business partnerships and supply chains, with a view to creating a more profitable and successful business.
- SAN JOSE, Calif., January 17, 2019 – Dr. Radoslav Danilak, co-founder and CEO of Tachyum Inc., was awarded the Pribina Cross, First Class by Slovakian President Andrej Kiska for innovations in data storage and processing at a state awards ceremony in Bratislava January 8, 2019. Danilak was among people honored at the ceremony for best representing the values on which Slovak society stands. He received the award from Slovakia’s President for outstanding merit in the economic development of the Slovak Republic in the areas of business and information technology, for his work developing the Prodigy Universal Processor Chip, the smallest and fastest general purpose, 64-bit processor, requiring 10x less power and reducing processor cost by 3x.