Latest Press Releases
- LAS VEGAS, September 26, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that it has successfully demonstrated a seamless execution of a non-native (x86_64) application under Linux running on the Prodigy FPGA emulation system. This capability will ensure the availability of a wide range of software applications to customers from day one when the Prodigy Universal Processor becomes generally available next year. x86 (also known as x64, x86_64, AMD64 or Intel 64) is a family of Instruction Set Architectures (ISA) that accounts for the widest installation base for datacenter workloads today.
- LAS VEGAS, September 19, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced the expansion of its Prodigy software ecosystem with the addition of LLVM for AI and Linux Rust support. This is the latest addition to an already rich and robust collection of applications, system software, frameworks and libraries running under QEMU emulation and tested by FPGA emulation in advance of Prodigy chip production. The LLVM Project is a collection of modular and reusable compiler and toolchain technologies.
- LAS VEGAS, September 12, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that it is expanding the unique value proposition of its Tachyum Prodigy by offering its Tachyum TPU® (Tachyum Processing Unit) intellectual property as a licensable core, allowing developers to take full advantage of intelligent, datacenter-trained AI when making IoT and Edge devices. Tachyum’s Prodigy is the first Universal Processor combining General Purpose Processors, High Performance Computing (HPC), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Machine Learning, Explainable AI, Bio AI and other AI disciplines with a single chip.
- LAS VEGAS, August 22, 2023 – Tachyum® announced today the release of a new research paper to address how Prodigy®, the world’s first Universal Processor, will transform the quality, efficiency, and economics of generative AI (GenAI). “Unprecedented Scale and Efficiency in Generative AI with FP8 8:3 Super-Sparsity” offers technical information on how Prodigy can more effectively meet the computation and scale requirements of generative AI, which trains on massive data sets to create original results, rather than identifying or analyzing known data.
- LAS VEGAS, August 15, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that new EDA tools, utilized during the physical design phase of the Prodigy® Universal Processor, have allowed the company to achieve significantly better results with chip specifications than previously anticipated, after the successful change in physical design tools – including an increase in the number of Prodigy cores to 192. After RTL design coding, Tachyum began work on completing the physical design (the actual placement of transistors and wires) for Prodigy.
- LAS VEGAS, August 2, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that it has completed porting of all the software necessary for chip validation on the Prodigy FPGA prototype before it is sent for tape out with the successful running of the Xen hypervisor on a QEMU software emulator. Xen is a type-1 hypervisor providing services that allow multiple virtual machines to run on a single physical host system, sharing resources such as memory, processing and devices.
- LAS VEGAS, July 25, 2023 – Tachyum™ announced today the release of the white paper, “Tachyum Prodigy – Solution for Data Centers that are Hungry for Energy,” explaining how Prodigy®, the world’s first Universal Processor, is ideally suited to help overcome increasingly excessive energy use in data centers. Data centers are among the most energy-demanding facilities in the world. A report by the International Energy Agency (IEA) indicates that 3% of global electricity use comes from data centers and data transmission networks.
- LAS VEGAS, July 18, 2023 – Tachyum® today released a paper “Credit Unions, Blockchain, CBDC, FinTech and Tachyum Prodigy®” explaining how Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor, can transform transactional banking while minimizing the monetary and environmental costs of blockchain’s electrical energy requirements. With Blockchain, transactions are transmitted directly from payer to payee (person to person) without an intermediary. According to PricewaterhouseCoopers, 77 percent of FinTech businesses are either currently using blockchain or transitioning to blockchain-based products and services.
- LAS VEGAS, July 11, 2023 – Tachyum™ announced today it is nearing completion of software packages for customers and OEM/ODM partners on Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor. Following porting and demonstrating standalone applications, Tachyum is progressing to full software distribution. It completed integration of BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) and UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) platforms and now it entered beta version. These firmware packages are now functional and integrated into the Prodigy FPGA prototype system.
- LAS VEGAS, June 27, 2023 – Tachyum™ announced today it will cease taking orders for its Prodigy Universal Processor Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) emulation system boards effective immediately. The company’s release of the final Prodigy build for tape-out is imminent. New partners and customers who wish to work with Prodigy FPGAs for product evaluation, performance measurements, software development, debugging and compatibility testing can arrange for private testing in Tachyum’s facility.