Latest Press Releases
- LAS VEGAS, February 20, 2024 – Tachyum® today announced that it has added a Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) to its Prodigy® FPGA emulation system, empowering customers and partners with the ability to address bottlenecks and better optimize Prodigy performance for all applications and workloads. The PMU is an essential tool for collecting information about performance bottlenecks. It offers the ability to record a wide range of events that encompass every aspect of the Prodigy Universal Processor without slowing down the application itself.
- LAS VEGAS, February 14, 2024 – Tachyum® today announced that it has upgraded the software stack for the Prodigy® Universal Processor before the anticipated launch of its beta version around the end of quarter. Quality completion of Prodigy’s software stack is a key component as the company continues to advance towards chip production and distribution. Tachyum software engineers have worked hard to enable the full potential of Prodigy with the development of an ecosystem of applications, system software, frameworks and libraries that are ported to run natively on Prodigy hardware.
- LAS VEGAS, February 8, 2024 – Tachyum®, creator of Prodigy®, the world’s first Universal Processor, today released a white paper that details how its Prodigy ATX Platform will democratize AI for those who may not normally have access to sophisticated AI models. The Prodigy ATX Platform allows everyone to run cutting-edge AI models for as low as $5,000. Built from the ground up to provide leading-edge AI features that address the emerging demand for AI across a wide range of applications and workloads, Prodigy’s AI subsystem incorporates innovative features that deliver the high performance and efficiency required of AI environments.
- LAS VEGAS, January 9, 2024 – With volume production of Prodigy®, the world’s first Universal Processor, scheduled for 2024, Tachyum® officials expect to build off the momentum it gained through a series of successes last year while capitalizing on the current semiconductor upcycle to revolutionize the data center. Anticipated company highlights of the coming year include: Advancements in Product Development – Reference design is expected to soon be revealed once the Tachyum team finishes final debugging and cleaning of the chip.
- LAS VEGAS, December 12, 2023 – Tachyum®, creator of Prodigy®, the world’s first Universal Processor, today released a white paper that presents how Tachyum’s customers planning to build new HPC/AI supercomputer data centers far exceeding not only the performance of existing supercomputers but also the target performance for next-generation systems. Built from the ground up to provide the highest performance and efficiency, Prodigy’s revolutionary new architecture enables supercomputers to be deployed in fully homogeneous environments, providing simple development, deployment and maintenance.
- LAS VEGAS, December 6, 2023 – Tachyum®, creator of Prodigy®, the world’s first Universal Processor, today announced it has successfully completed vector-based High-Performance LINPACK (HPL) testing using 1kb vectors on the Prodigy FPGA. LINPACK, a widely used benchmarking program for supercomputers, measures a system’s floating-point computing power by solving a random, dense system of linear equations to determine performance and accuracy. Following scalar LINPACK benchmarks using Prodigy’s IEEE-compliant scalar Floating-Point Unit (FPU), Tachyum has now advanced to vector LINPACK.
- LAS VEGAS, November 28, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that it has completed development of the software stack for the Prodigy® Universal Processor and has now entered the alpha testing phase in preparation of chip production and distribution planned for next year. Tachyum software engineers have worked hard to enable the full potential of Prodigy with the development of a rich ecosystem of applications, system software, frameworks and libraries that are ported to run natively on Prodigy hardware.
- LAS VEGAS, November 14, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced the release of a white paper detailing how to use 4-bit Tachyum AI (TAI) and 2-bit effective per weight (TAI2) formats in Large Language Models (LLM) quantization without accuracy degradation. Tachyum hardware also enables workable LLM with 1-bit per weight with higher degradation than TAI2 and its AI scientists are continuing to further improve performance to reduce degradation as Tachyum looks to bring it to mainstream.
- LAS VEGAS, November 7, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that the FreeBSD operating system is now running on the Prodigy® FPGA prototype as part of efforts to ensure that customer requirements are met prior to tape-out of the world’s first universal processor. This announcement follows Tachyum successfully running the Linux OS as part of its emulation system. FreeBSD powers modern servers, desktops and embedded platforms in environments that value performance, stability and security.
- LAS VEGAS, October 24, 2023 – Tachyum®, creator of Prodigy®, the world’s first Universal Processor, today released a new white paper on the use of 4-bit Tachyum AI (TAI) format, including 2-bit effective per weight (TAI2) format, in both inference and Deep Neural Network (DNN) learning. “Image AI Processing at the Next Level With 4b TAI & 2b Effective Weights” presents the 4-bit TAI format, an extremely silicon- and power-efficient approach that limits memory and bandwidth for even large models.