We are currently seeking a Senior Linux Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and maintaining our existing and new Linux infrastructure (workstations and servers), services, network, firewalls, storage, internal applications, and virtualization technologies. This is a highly technical position that requires a deep understanding and experience with Linux systems and applications. Fluency in English is also required, both spoken and written.
- Design, implement, and maintain Linux servers, workstations, services, and application deployments.
- Configure and maintain firewalls, network switches, and storage systems.
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues.
- Implement and maintain security policies and procedures to ensure the safety of company data.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop and maintain internal applications.
- Manage and maintain virtualization technologies such as LXD, QEMU/KVM, Kubernetes, and VMware.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies and provide recommendations for improvements to our existing infrastructure.
- Use, maintain and develop ansible configuration management scripts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience working with Linux systems, including CentOS/RedHat, and Ubuntu/Debian.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols and hardware, including firewalls, switches, and routers.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash and Python.
- Experience with configuration management tools
- LAMP stack experience and administration, managing Apache, NGINX, HAproxy, SSSD, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PKI, Git, Acme.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as LXD, QEMU/KVM, and VMware.
- Basic understanding of a Windows server environment and domain is necessary.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems across every facet of data center technology.
- Strong focus on IT security principles and best practices.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement.
- International environment and further career progression.
- Getting in touch with bleeding edge technology.
- Flexible working hours
- Work-life balance.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
By sending us your application e-mail, you confirm that you have read, understand and accept the content of the Privacy Notice and consent to the processing of your data as part of this application.
Tachyum is transforming AI, HPC, public and private cloud data center markets with its recently launched flagship product. Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor, unifies the functionality of a CPU, a GPU, and a TPU into a single processor that delivers industry-leading performance, cost, and power efficiency for both specialty and general-purpose computing. When Prodigy processors are provisioned in a hyperscale data center, they enable all AI, HPC, and general-purpose applications to run on one hardware infrastructure, saving companies billions of dollars per year. With data centers currently consuming over 4% of the planet’s electricity, predicted to be 10% by 2030, the ultra-low power Prodigy Universal Processor is critical to continue doubling worldwide data center capacity every four years.
Tachyum, co-founded by Dr. Radoslav Danilak is building the world’s fastest AI supercomputer (128 AI exaflops) in the EU based on Prodigy processors. Tachyum has offices in the United States and Slovakia.