What you'll be doing
- Responsible for implementation of ultra-high performance and low power data processing chip
- Work with RTL designers to achieve PPA goals and suggest appropriate tradeoffs
- Floor-planning, experimenting with placement and routing techniques for better PPA
- Do timing closure for very high frequency designs with possible hand placement of logic when needed
- Help define low latency/low skew clock tree methodology/design
- Help define appropriate power grid structures to meet EM/IR goals
- Scripting and automating flows to improve turn-around times
What we are looking for
- Member of core team responsible for the crafting and timely delivery of PD partitions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to work with our global design team
- Successful track record of mentoring junior engineers and interns a plus
- More than 5 years of experience in high performance semiconductor designs
- Verilog knowledge and an understanding of ASIC design flow
- Expertise in logic synthesis, prototyping, timing analysis, floor-planning
- Expertise in flow automation (Perl, Tcl, Python) and understanding of full PD methodology
- Experience with Innovus on 7nm or lower technology nodes
- A background in computer architecture is desirable
- The ability to learn new technologies and apply that knowledge quickly
- aProven track record demonstrating the ability to meet project milestones and deadlines
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Familiarity with basic synthesizable RTL designs (flops, fifos Clock domain crossing) is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with any of these protocols: PCie, Ethernet (100G and above), DDR4.
- Ability to create regression scripts to run individual and batch jobs on grid.
Tachyum is transforming AI, HPC, public and private cloud data center markets with Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor that delivers industry-leading performance, cost, and power efficiency for both specialty and general-purpose computing. When Prodigy processors are provisioned in a hyperscale data center, they enable all AI, HPC, and general-purpose applications to run on one hardware infrastructure, saving companies billions of dollars per year. A fully functional Prodigy emulation system is currently available to select customers and partners for early testing and software development. With data centers currently consuming over 3% of the planet’s electricity, predicted to be 10% by 2025, the ultra-low power Prodigy Universal Processor is critical, if we want to continue doubling worldwide data center capacity every four years.
Tachyum, Co-founded by Dr. Radoslav Danilak with its flagship product Prodigy, is marching towards tape out targeting end of 2021, with software emulations and an FPGA-based emulator running native Linux available to early adopters. The company is building the world’s fastest 64 AI exaflops supercomputer in 2022 in the EU with Prodigy chips.