Our System Software team is looking for a motivated, hands-on Build and Release Engineer, for Linux to join our growing organization.
The role will be responsible for managing, enhancing documenting, and enhancing our software products release process. The role will oversee and ensure build and release timeline and may also manage the software implementation process from development to execution and final packaging and distribution.
What you'll be doing
- Create and manage nightly builds, perform static code analysis, and oversee new software version releases
- Create and execute programming scripts utilized during software creation
- Develop implementation plans, collaborate with colleagues to monitor existing systems, lead internal teams to project completion, and perform maintenance support.
- Utilize data from programmed tests to aid in the development of software updates, collaborate with testers and developers in order to fix software build issues, and provide training for information technology personnel on software configuration management (SCM) tools.
- 5 or more years of substantial professional experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong programming ability — able to write clean, testable and efficient code
- Working knowledge of open source development tools, e.g. git, Travis, Buildroot, Make, Busybox Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Familiarity with programming languages such as C/C++
- Knowledge of Python, Perl is a plus
- Familiarity with operating systems, especially Linux
- Strong communication and team work skills, willing to learn.
Tachyum is transforming AI, HPC, public and private cloud data center markets with Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor that delivers industry-leading performance, cost, and power efficiency for both specialty and general-purpose computing. When Prodigy processors are provisioned in a hyperscale data center, they enable all AI, HPC, and general-purpose applications to run on one hardware infrastructure, saving companies billions of dollars per year. A fully functional Prodigy emulation system is currently available to select customers and partners for early testing and software development. With data centers currently consuming over 3% of the planet’s electricity, predicted to be 10% by 2025, the ultra-low power Prodigy Universal Processor is critical, if we want to continue doubling worldwide data center capacity every four years.
Tachyum, Co-founded by Dr. Radoslav Danilak with its flagship product Prodigy, is marching towards tape out targeting end of 2021, with software emulations and an FPGA-based emulator running native Linux available to early adopters. The company is building the world’s fastest 64 AI exaflops supercomputer in 2022 in the EU with Prodigy chips.