- LAS VEGAS, November 28, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that it has completed development of the software stack for the Prodigy® Universal Processor and has now entered the alpha testing phase in preparation of chip production and distribution planned for next year. Tachyum software engineers have worked hard to enable the full potential of Prodigy with the development of a rich ecosystem of applications, system software, frameworks and libraries that are ported to run natively on Prodigy hardware.
- LAS VEGAS, November 14, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced the release of a white paper detailing how to use 4-bit Tachyum AI (TAI) and 2-bit effective per weight (TAI2) formats in Large Language Models (LLM) quantization without accuracy degradation. Tachyum hardware also enables workable LLM with 1-bit per weight with higher degradation than TAI2 and its AI scientists are continuing to further improve performance to reduce degradation as Tachyum looks to bring it to mainstream.
- LAS VEGAS, November 7, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that the FreeBSD operating system is now running on the Prodigy® FPGA prototype as part of efforts to ensure that customer requirements are met prior to tape-out of the world’s first universal processor. This announcement follows Tachyum successfully running the Linux OS as part of its emulation system. FreeBSD powers modern servers, desktops and embedded platforms in environments that value performance, stability and security.
- LAS VEGAS, October 24, 2023 – Tachyum®, creator of Prodigy®, the world’s first Universal Processor, today released a new white paper on the use of 4-bit Tachyum AI (TAI) format, including 2-bit effective per weight (TAI2) format, in both inference and Deep Neural Network (DNN) learning. “Image AI Processing at the Next Level With 4b TAI & 2b Effective Weights” presents the 4-bit TAI format, an extremely silicon- and power-efficient approach that limits memory and bandwidth for even large models.
Tachyum Books Purchase Order to Build System with 25,000x ChatGPT4 Capacity and 25x Faster than Current SupercomputersLAS VEGAS, October 3, 2023 – Tachyum® announced that it has accepted a major purchase order from a US company to build a large-scale system, based on its 5nm Prodigy® Universal Processor chip, which delivers more than 50 exaflops performance that will exponentially exceed the computational capabilities of the fastest inference or generative AI supercomputers available anywhere in the world today. Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor, is engineered to transform the capacity, efficiency and economics of datacenters through its industry-leading performance for hyperscale, high-performance computing and AI workloads.
- LAS VEGAS, September 26, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that it has successfully demonstrated a seamless execution of a non-native (x86_64) application under Linux running on the Prodigy FPGA emulation system. This capability will ensure the availability of a wide range of software applications to customers from day one when the Prodigy Universal Processor becomes generally available next year. x86 (also known as x64, x86_64, AMD64 or Intel 64) is a family of Instruction Set Architectures (ISA) that accounts for the widest installation base for datacenter workloads today.
- LAS VEGAS, September 19, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced the expansion of its Prodigy software ecosystem with the addition of LLVM for AI and Linux Rust support. This is the latest addition to an already rich and robust collection of applications, system software, frameworks and libraries running under QEMU emulation and tested by FPGA emulation in advance of Prodigy chip production. The LLVM Project is a collection of modular and reusable compiler and toolchain technologies.
- LAS VEGAS, September 12, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that it is expanding the unique value proposition of its Tachyum Prodigy by offering its Tachyum TPU® (Tachyum Processing Unit) intellectual property as a licensable core, allowing developers to take full advantage of intelligent, datacenter-trained AI when making IoT and Edge devices. Tachyum’s Prodigy is the first Universal Processor combining General Purpose Processors, High Performance Computing (HPC), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Machine Learning, Explainable AI, Bio AI and other AI disciplines with a single chip.
- LAS VEGAS, August 22, 2023 – Tachyum® announced today the release of a new research paper to address how Prodigy®, the world’s first Universal Processor, will transform the quality, efficiency, and economics of generative AI (GenAI). “Unprecedented Scale and Efficiency in Generative AI with FP8 8:3 Super-Sparsity” offers technical information on how Prodigy can more effectively meet the computation and scale requirements of generative AI, which trains on massive data sets to create original results, rather than identifying or analyzing known data.
- LAS VEGAS, August 15, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that new EDA tools, utilized during the physical design phase of the Prodigy® Universal Processor, have allowed the company to achieve significantly better results with chip specifications than previously anticipated, after the successful change in physical design tools – including an increase in the number of Prodigy cores to 192. After RTL design coding, Tachyum began work on completing the physical design (the actual placement of transistors and wires) for Prodigy.
- LAS VEGAS, August 2, 2023 – Tachyum® today announced that it has completed porting of all the software necessary for chip validation on the Prodigy FPGA prototype before it is sent for tape out with the successful running of the Xen hypervisor on a QEMU software emulator. Xen is a type-1 hypervisor providing services that allow multiple virtual machines to run on a single physical host system, sharing resources such as memory, processing and devices.
- LAS VEGAS, July 25, 2023 – Tachyum™ announced today the release of the white paper, “Tachyum Prodigy – Solution for Data Centers that are Hungry for Energy,” explaining how Prodigy®, the world’s first Universal Processor, is ideally suited to help overcome increasingly excessive energy use in data centers. Data centers are among the most energy-demanding facilities in the world. A report by the International Energy Agency (IEA) indicates that 3% of global electricity use comes from data centers and data transmission networks.
- LAS VEGAS, July 18, 2023 – Tachyum® today released a paper “Credit Unions, Blockchain, CBDC, FinTech and Tachyum Prodigy®” explaining how Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor, can transform transactional banking while minimizing the monetary and environmental costs of blockchain’s electrical energy requirements. With Blockchain, transactions are transmitted directly from payer to payee (person to person) without an intermediary. According to PricewaterhouseCoopers, 77 percent of FinTech businesses are either currently using blockchain or transitioning to blockchain-based products and services.
- LAS VEGAS, July 11, 2023 – Tachyum™ announced today it is nearing completion of software packages for customers and OEM/ODM partners on Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor. Following porting and demonstrating standalone applications, Tachyum is progressing to full software distribution. It completed integration of BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) and UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) platforms and now it entered beta version. These firmware packages are now functional and integrated into the Prodigy FPGA prototype system.
- LAS VEGAS, June 27, 2023 – Tachyum™ announced today it will cease taking orders for its Prodigy Universal Processor Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) emulation system boards effective immediately. The company’s release of the final Prodigy build for tape-out is imminent. New partners and customers who wish to work with Prodigy FPGAs for product evaluation, performance measurements, software development, debugging and compatibility testing can arrange for private testing in Tachyum’s facility.
- LAS VEGAS, June 20, 2023 – Tachyum™ announced today it has completed Floating-Point Unit (FPU) verification for Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor, having passed all tests to ensure Prodigy adheres to industry computation standards of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE). Prodigy passed the package of tests—more than 24,000,000 in all—in RTL simulation and on Prodigy FPGA prototype hardware. Tachyum built its IEEE-compliant FPU from the ground up to be one of the most advanced in the world, performing at remarkably high clock speeds.
- LAS VEGAS, June 13, 2023 – Tachyum™ is one of 56 companies from 14 European Union countries selected to share in an up to 8.1 billion euro public grant as part of a recently announced Important Project of Common European Interest in Microelectronics and Communication Technologies (IPCEI ME/CT). As part of the funding, the European Commission has agreed with providing Tachyum with 26.4 million euros to accelerate the delivery of the Prodigy 2 Universal Processor.
- LAS VEGAS, May 31, 2023 – Tachyum™ announced today it has achieved another milestone on the road to commercialization of Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor, as it begins testing key applications on Prodigy FPGA prototypes. Having recently completed the porting and testing necessary for system-software like UEFI, BMC, bootloader, and operating systems through the toolchains, Tachyum has now completed porting of other applications to test a wide range of workloads on the FPGA prototype.
- LAS VEGAS, May 17, 2023 – Tachyum™ today released the second edition of the “Tachyum Prodigy on the Leading Edge of AI Industry Trends” whitepaper featuring updates such as the implementation of improved 8-bit floating point (FP8) quantization aware techniques with adaptive scaling achieving 32-bit floating point (FP32) accuracy. In the white paper, Tachyum demonstrates the optimality of the FP8 format for quantizing deep neural networks including weights, activations and gradients, exploiting the fact that floating point numbers provide better coverage than 8-bit integer data type.
- LAS VEGAS, May 2, 2023 – Tachyum™ today announced its latest milestone of officially entering the final phase of test and development for the Prodigy Universal Processor. This last stage of Quality Assurance (QA) testing of all necessary ported software on a Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) for final testing will ensure the chip is production worthy. Prodigy is currently running ported software on its software emulation platform. Once all Quality Assurance testing is successfully completed on FPGA, the Prodigy chip will be ready for tape-out this year.
- LAS VEGAS, April 25, 2023 – Tachyum™ has entered into an agreement with Senko Advance Co., Ltd. for Optical Interconnect Solution for Prodigy® systems enabling high-speed data transfer in data centers. The criterion for selection was the robustness, reliability, and versatility of the SN® (Simplified Network) connectivity solutions. SENKO’s SN connectivity solutions are known for their high data rates and robustness. The SN breakout solution is designed to provide high-speed data transmission at rates of up to 100 Gbps per port.
- LAS VEGAS, April 18, 2023 – Tachyum™ announced today that with Register Transfer Level (RTL) design wrapping up, the Tachyum design team is now focused on completing the physical design for Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor. An RTL design validates how data flows within the chip’s integrated circuits and addresses levels of inputs and controls. New CAD tools are enabling Tachyum to work on completing the physical design (the actual placement of transistors and wires).
- LAS VEGAS, April 12, 2023 – Tachyum™ today published a new white paper presenting HPC and AI supercomputer data center designs using the Prodigy Universal Processor Family, Prodigy and Prodigy 2. Tachyum Prodigy 2 was selected by Important Project of Common European Interests (IPCEI) program for Slovakia to deliver exa-scale HPC and zetta-scale AI for Europe. European Commission has accepted the funding gap of 26.4 million EUR for Tachyum, which is currently in the notification process.
- LAS VEGAS, March 28, 2023 – Tachyum™ announced today it has strengthened its presence in the Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express (UCIe) organization that develops and supports the chiplet ecosystem and in-package innovations. The UCIe community fosters collaboration among leaders in semiconductors, packaging, IP suppliers, foundries, and cloud services. UCIe 1.0 is an open specification guiding the interconnection between chiplets within a package to ensure communication and functionality. Chiplet-based design increases density and capability compared to standard printed circuit-boards (PCBs), and enables much smaller, lower-cost solutions that consume less power.
- LAS VEGAS, March 21, 2023 – Tachyum™ today released a white paper, “Tachyum HPC/AI Software Stack Overview,” detailing the software packages offered by the company and supported by its software team that enable software developers to build HPC applications deployed as part of Prodigy®-empowered data centers. Tachyum’s software designs help meet the high demands of cloud and HPC/AI workloads with Prodigy. The company’s software team cooperates with early customers and partners to create software packages ideally suited for HPC environments primarily using open-source software.
- LAS VEGAS, March 3, 2023 – Tachyum™ today announced that Slovak President Zuzana Čaputová visited its Bratislava offices to witness first-hand the progress of the Prodigy Universal Processor, which is in the final stage of development. President Čaputová met with Tachyum founder and CEO Radoslav Danilak and a team of engineers to discuss topics such as innovation, green economy, sustainability and attracting top regional talent. “If we want to start catching up with the living standard in western European countries again, we need to develop cutting-edge technologies in Slovakia.
- LAS VEGAS, February 21, 2023 – Tachyum™ today announced it has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) agreement with Watad Energy & Communications Co. ltd, the leading OT Cybersecurity and AI Company in the KSA and GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) region, to bring Prodigy technology to commercial, industrial and scientific research institutions throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the GCC region. Prodigy, the world’s first universal processor, will enable high-performance computing (HPC), artificial intelligence (AI), edge computing, cloud and hyperscale data centers, and other IT segments and applications that demand cutting-edge performance.
Tachyum Validates Prodigy Universal Processor with Kubernetes for High-Performance, High-Density Computing for ContainersLAS VEGAS, February 14, 2023 – Tachyum™ today announced it has completed testing and validation of its Prodigy Universal Processor with Kubernetes for hyperscale, high-performance container management. The success of Kubernetes on Prodigy assures Tachyum customers and partners of quick, easy, out-of-the-box testing and evaluation in containerized environments. Tachyum’s software team deployed its Prodigy emulation with K3s server, a lightweight Kubernetes distribution ideal for testing; two agents; and NGINX, an open-source reverse proxy server for HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, POP3, and IMAP protocols, as well as a load balancer, HTTP cache, and a web server.
- LAS VEGAS, February 7, 2023 – Tachyum™ today released details of Prodigy®, the world’s first universal processor, for advanced military and defense avionics applications in a new white paper “Air Dominance Powered by Prodigy“. AI is fast becoming an indispensable part of military aircraft, and next-generation fighter fleet across the world will require massive processing power to fuse sensor data into actionable information. The critical lynchpin for air-to-air and air-to-ground combat effectiveness is superior onboard computational capability with state-of-the-art processors to fuel rapidly evolving conventional and AI algorithms.
- LAS VEGAS, January 31, 2023 – Tachyum™ today announced that it has successfully demonstrated Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) running on the Prodigy Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) hardware emulation system, representing a critical piece of the company’s test strategy and ensuring that Tachyum’s Prodigy hardware is maturing on pace for production later this year. Replacing legacy BIOS, UEFI is a next-generation interface between operating systems and platform firmware. UEFI was developed to allow support for new technologies during the boot process before the OS loads.
- LAS VEGAS, January 24, 2023 – Tachyum™ today released a white paper “Tachyum Storage Strategy and Direction for Prodigy Data Center Deployments” detailing a storage strategy to maximize system performance and efficiency for Prodigy® data center scalable deployments while minimizing cost and management overhead. Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor, delivers a revolutionary new architecture that unifies the functionality of CPU, GPGPU, and TPU into a single monolithic device, and dynamically reallocates server resources to maximize utilization without expensive and power-hungry accelerators.
- LAS VEGAS, January 17, 2023 – Tachyum™ today announced that it has reached an amicable settlement with Cadence Design Systems, Inc. in a lawsuit brought by Tachyum on June 8, 2022, in Santa Clara County Superior Court in California. The matter is now considered ended, as all issues have been resolved. Details of the settlement will remain undisclosed. With the case now settled, Tachyum will continue its work towards reaching production-ready status of its Prodigy universal processor unabated.
- LAS VEGAS, January 10, 2023 – Tachyum™ today announced that the IP components – DDR5 RAM controller and high-performance, low-power DSP-based PHY – incorporated into the Prodigy Universal Processor have allowed it to achieve speeds of 6400 MT/s at nominal voltage for Prodigy chip which provides headroom for expected speeds of up to, or even over, 7200 MT/s. The critical components supplied by a global leader in high-speed DDR DRAM controllers and DDR DRAM PHYs for the world’s technology infrastructure, have enabled Tachyum engineers to integrate its IP into Prodigy less than 7 months after entering into a technology partnership.
- LAS VEGAS, January 3, 2023 – Tachyum™ ended 2022 with accomplishments including the worldwide debut of Prodigy®, the world’s first universal processor for high-performance computing and more than a dozen commercialization partnerships, effectively moving the startup to a leadership position in semiconductors. 2022 marked the introduction of Tachyum’s Prodigy to the commercial market. Prodigy exceeded its performance targets and is significantly faster than any processors currently available in hyperscale, HPC and AI markets.