Latest Press Releases
- LAS VEGAS, May 31, 2023 – Tachyum™ announced today it has achieved another milestone on the road to commercialization of Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor, as it begins testing key applications on Prodigy FPGA prototypes. Having recently completed the porting and testing necessary for system-software like UEFI, BMC, bootloader, and operating systems through the toolchains, Tachyum has now completed porting of other applications to test a wide range of workloads on the FPGA prototype.
- LAS VEGAS, May 17, 2023 – Tachyum™ today released the second edition of the “Tachyum Prodigy on the Leading Edge of AI Industry Trends” whitepaper featuring updates such as the implementation of improved 8-bit floating point (FP8) quantization aware techniques with adaptive scaling achieving 32-bit floating point (FP32) accuracy. In the white paper, Tachyum demonstrates the optimality of the FP8 format for quantizing deep neural networks including weights, activations and gradients, exploiting the fact that floating point numbers provide better coverage than 8-bit integer data type.
- LAS VEGAS, May 2, 2023 – Tachyum™ today announced its latest milestone of officially entering the final phase of test and development for the Prodigy Universal Processor. This last stage of Quality Assurance (QA) testing of all necessary ported software on a Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) for final testing will ensure the chip is production worthy. Prodigy is currently running ported software on its software emulation platform. Once all Quality Assurance testing is successfully completed on FPGA, the Prodigy chip will be ready for tape-out this year.
- LAS VEGAS, April 25, 2023 – Tachyum™ has entered into an agreement with Senko Advance Co., Ltd. for Optical Interconnect Solution for Prodigy® systems enabling high-speed data transfer in data centers. The criterion for selection was the robustness, reliability, and versatility of the SN® (Simplified Network) connectivity solutions. SENKO’s SN connectivity solutions are known for their high data rates and robustness. The SN breakout solution is designed to provide high-speed data transmission at rates of up to 100 Gbps per port.
- LAS VEGAS, April 18, 2023 – Tachyum™ announced today that with Register Transfer Level (RTL) design wrapping up, the Tachyum design team is now focused on completing the physical design for Prodigy, the world’s first Universal Processor. An RTL design validates how data flows within the chip’s integrated circuits and addresses levels of inputs and controls. New CAD tools are enabling Tachyum to work on completing the physical design (the actual placement of transistors and wires).
- LAS VEGAS, April 12, 2023 – Tachyum™ today published a new white paper presenting HPC and AI supercomputer data center designs using the Prodigy Universal Processor Family, Prodigy and Prodigy 2. Tachyum Prodigy 2 was selected by Important Project of Common European Interests (IPCEI) program for Slovakia to deliver exa-scale HPC and zetta-scale AI for Europe. European Commission has accepted the funding gap of 26.4 million EUR for Tachyum, which is currently in the notification process.
- LAS VEGAS, March 28, 2023 – Tachyum™ announced today it has strengthened its presence in the Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express (UCIe) organization that develops and supports the chiplet ecosystem and in-package innovations. The UCIe community fosters collaboration among leaders in semiconductors, packaging, IP suppliers, foundries, and cloud services. UCIe 1.0 is an open specification guiding the interconnection between chiplets within a package to ensure communication and functionality. Chiplet-based design increases density and capability compared to standard printed circuit-boards (PCBs), and enables much smaller, lower-cost solutions that consume less power.
- LAS VEGAS, March 21, 2023 – Tachyum™ today released a white paper, “Tachyum HPC/AI Software Stack Overview,” detailing the software packages offered by the company and supported by its software team that enable software developers to build HPC applications deployed as part of Prodigy®-empowered data centers. Tachyum’s software designs help meet the high demands of cloud and HPC/AI workloads with Prodigy. The company’s software team cooperates with early customers and partners to create software packages ideally suited for HPC environments primarily using open-source software.
- LAS VEGAS, March 3, 2023 – Tachyum™ today announced that Slovak President Zuzana Čaputová visited its Bratislava offices to witness first-hand the progress of the Prodigy Universal Processor, which is in the final stage of development. President Čaputová met with Tachyum founder and CEO Radoslav Danilak and a team of engineers to discuss topics such as innovation, green economy, sustainability and attracting top regional talent. “If we want to start catching up with the living standard in western European countries again, we need to develop cutting-edge technologies in Slovakia.
- LAS VEGAS, February 21, 2023 – Tachyum™ today announced it has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) agreement with Watad Energy & Communications Co. ltd, the leading OT Cybersecurity and AI Company in the KSA and GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) region, to bring Prodigy technology to commercial, industrial and scientific research institutions throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the GCC region. Prodigy, the world’s first universal processor, will enable high-performance computing (HPC), artificial intelligence (AI), edge computing, cloud and hyperscale data centers, and other IT segments and applications that demand cutting-edge performance.